Nurse probably contaminated saline flush


Intravenous news: report “A hepatitis C outbreak at a holistic medical clinic in Brandon was likely caused by the reuse of syringes on patients undergoing intravenous therapies, a state health official said Friday.

Eight patients of Wellness Works, at 1209 Lakeside Drive, tested positive last year for hepatitis C, a contagious liver disease that can last from a few weeks to a lifetime and can cause serious damage. Roger Sanderson, a regional epidemiologist with the state Department of Health, said one of the eight patients likely had the disease before coming to the clinic. “That is a likely scenario, but we can’t prove it,” he said.

Dr. Carol Roberts, director of the clinic, said the eight patients were undergoing chelation therapy to remove what she described as toxic metals from their bodies.”

Click here for the full story.


Comments are closed.