Syringe mixup results in brain damage for ten-year-old girl

0

#IVTEAM #Intravenous news: BBC report “A 10-year-old girl who was left brain damaged after she was accidentally injected with glue in her brain is to receive a multimillion-pound payout. Maisha Najeeb was undergoing a treatment which involved injecting glue to block off bleeding blood vessels. During the procedure at Great Ormond Street Hospital in June 2010, a dye was meant to be injected into an artery in her brain to check her blood flow. The two syringes got mixed up leading to Maisha getting brain damage. Judge William Birtles at London’s High Court approved a settlement against Great Ormond Street Hospital For Children NHS Trust of a £2.8m lump sum.”

Other intravenous and vascular access resources that may be of interest (External links – IVTEAM has no responsibility for content).

Main page

Share.

Comments are closed.

Free Email Updates
Join 5.5K IVTEAM members. Subscribe now and be the first to receive all the latest free updates from IVTEAM!
100% Privacy. We don't spam.