Students at risk of HIV and hepatitis because healthcare worker failed to change syringe

0

The Daily Mail report “Six hundred students have been put at risk of HIV and hepatitis because a healthcare worker failed to followed correct clinical procedures. Past and present students at the University of Derby – who had either vaccinations or blood tests – have been advised to attend screenings for the infections to ensure they have not been infected.

The advice was given after an investigation was opened into the safety of procedures carried out by a member of staff who was formerly contracted to provide services within the Occupational Health Service at the university. Experts at NHS England have said the actions of a healthcare worker put students at risk of HIV and hepatitis B and C. The worker involved failed to change the syringe barrels which needles are attached to between each patient.”

Other intravenous and vascular access resources that may be of interest (External links – IVTEAM has no responsibility for content).

Main page

Share.

Comments are closed.

Free Email Updates
Join 5.5K IVTEAM members. Subscribe now and be the first to receive all the latest free updates from IVTEAM!
100% Privacy. We don't spam.