Dail Mercury report “An inquest has found the three-year-old died of a massive air embolism because her partly empty IV bag was respiked and used to administer saline fluids.
Respiked partly empty IV bag is cause of massive fatal air embolism http://ctt.ec/c2qGC+ @ivteam #ivteam
Queensland Ambulance Service was tasked by Retrieval Services Queensland to collect Ruby in Blackwater and transport her to Rockhampton, where she was pronounced dead at 8.40pm on August 9 after her condition deteriorated during the flight. The air entered Ruby’s blood about 31 minutes into the flight, Central Queensland Coroner David O’Connell said yesterday. If a new IV fluid bag had been used “then young Ruby would be with us today”, Mr O’Connell said.”Full Story
Thank you to our partners for supporting IVTEAM