Misuse of IV fluid bags

0

Intravenous news: The Jamaica Gleaner reports “A nurse, who was attached to the May Pen Hospital, is facing a six-month suspension after a baby – born prematurely – died while under her care in August 2008”.

They continue “At one point, the child’s body temperature began to fall. It is alleged that the nurses used a microwave oven to heat bags containing intravenous fluid. These were then wrapped in towels and blankets before the child was placed on top of them… It is further alleged that at least one of the bags burst and the hot content burnt the child, resulting in its death”.

Click here for the full story.

Did you find this item useful? Don’t miss other updates. Click here to request IVTEAM email updates.

More IV news at IVTEAM


Share.

Comments are closed.

Free Email Updates
Join 5.5K IVTEAM members. Subscribe now and be the first to receive all the latest free updates from IVTEAM!
100% Privacy. We don't spam.