Intravenous news: The Joint Commission is releasing Measuring Hand Hygiene Adherence: Overcoming the Challenges, to help health care organizations target their efforts in measuring hand hygiene performance. The monograph is designed to address â€œeverything you ever wanted to know about hand hygiene measurement but were afraid to ask. The aim of the monograph is to broaden understanding of the issues and provide practical solutions for strengthening measurement and improvement activities.
The monogragh is the result of a two-year collaboration with major infection control leadership organizations in the United States and abroad. In addition to The Joint Commission, the participating organizations include:
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- The World Health Organization
Click here to download the monograph