Happy New Year to all those people who visit IVTEAM. We hope you have enjoyed the updates we provide just as much as we enjoy compiling them.
We have worked very hard during 2008 to present a no frills IV news website that delivers exactly what it set out to deliver. We wanted to provide IV news that will enlighten and inform; straight to your desktop in a simple no fuss fashion. I hope that you agree that is exactly what IVTEAM provides.
To celebrate the last twelve months and to welcome the next twelve IVTEAM have put together the top twelve news stories from 2008. Enjoy!
- January 2008 – Central line tip placement.
- February 2008 – Coroner hears of nurse who died following needlestick.
- March 2008 –
- April 2008 – EPIC2 & saving lives study days. Click here for information on the free re-run in January 2009.
- May 2008 – The concept of prescription only cannulae is introduced.
- June 2008 – Neil MacGillivray writes about Dr Thomas Latta, one of the forefathers of infusion therapy.
- July 2008 – FDA update on heparin.
- August 2008 – IV panda. A little mid-year fun.
- September 2008 – Medicaid stop reimbursement for some reasonably preventable nosocomial infections.
- October 2008 – Syringes reused during endoscopy in Alberta.
- November 2008 – Eye of the needle report from the Health Protection Agency.
- December 2008 – Our hope for 2009. Syringe label award. If this became an industry standard it would be one of the greatest breakthroughs in medication safety.
Best wishes for 2009 from IVTEAM.