Intravenous news: A Lancashire hospital has paid out £90,000 to a man who sued them after doctors saved his life. Michael Dexter, 58, was taken to Blackburn Royal Infirmary in December 2002, after swallowing pills washed down with rum and cola.
Doctors at Blackburn Royal Infirmary saved his life but gave him an excessive amount of neutralising drugs which left his right arm damaged. He has now been given damages in an out-of-court settlement.
Mr Dexter had to have plastic surgery and skin grafts to the tissue on his arm after suffering burn-like symptoms.