Contaminated heparin syringes

0

Intravenous news: chicagotribune.com report on a personal account of the tragic impact of contaminated heparin syringes on one family “Natalie Fullerton’s parents were thrilled to watch their year-old daughter bounce back from a double-lung transplant. Within months, she was mimicking her sister’s ballet poses and gleefully repeating the word “purple.”

Her father, Leslie, carefully tended to Natalie, following an intricate regimen to keep her healthy. After doctors implanted a tube in Natalie’s chest to give her intravenous medication, he dutifully used fluid-filled syringes to clean it.

Days later, the 29-month-old was back in a Texas hospital, breathless and feverish. Bacteria had infected her blood, the first in a cascade of complications over four months. In the end, Natalie died in her mother’s arms on March 12, 2008″.

Click here for the full story.

<Did you find this item useful? Don’t miss other updates. Click here to request IVTEAM email updates.

More IV news at IVTEAM


Share.

Comments are closed.

Free Email Updates
Join 5.5K IVTEAM members. Subscribe now and be the first to receive all the latest free updates from IVTEAM!
100% Privacy. We don't spam.